Sunday, August 7, 2011

Little Sister.

15 weeks
20 weeks


Ever since we found out we were preggers, we've been asking Chloe whether she would have a brother or a sister and her reply was ALWAYS "sister!", but Ronnie and I still felt like it was a boy, so it was a bit of a shock when the ultrasound tech wrote the words "I'm a girl!"  I guess we should have believed Chloe-she was up there last after all!
Our ultrasound was kind of funny this time around because our tech was a little worn out and frazzled from doing them all day...she measured everything on the baby (head, four chambers of the heart etc...) and then when she had finished she said that she'd forgotten what she had measured, so she'd better do it again!  AH!  All before she told us the gender!  So she redid everything and took a gazillion pictures (which was okay by me) and then wrote the gender on the screen without saying anything.  I had laid back down at this point because my neck was sore, so I couldn't tell what she had written and Ronnie was fidgeting with his camera, so we both kind of missed the "moment" and had to ask "what does that say?"  The real kicker was afterwards when she was looking at the pictures with us and said "there's the little boy part!" and then quickly said "oh wait...you're having a girl!  It's %100 girl, I promise!" when she saw how confused we were.  She was really nice and we could tell it had been a long day, so we just laughed it off and decided that if it comes out a boy, that'll be great too!
We are super excited to be having another sweet little girl (especially me)!  I love that they will be so close in age and that I can dress them matching on special occasions!  Hopefully they will be little buddies and not arch enemies (though I'm certain that there will be times)!  I loved growing up with my sisters-playing barbies and school and beating each other up and now that we're older going shopping and talking and just being there for each other :)
We don't have a name for her yet, so we just refer to her as Little Sister, which is probably what we'll call her most of the time anyway once she's here.  I like the names Evie, Eva, Ava, Olivia (apparently I'm into V's), and Ronnie likes Sophie.  We're having a hard time agreeing on anything besides her middle name, which will be Claire, after her Grandma LeBaron.
This pregnancy has been great so far, just like Chloe's was!  Actually, I feel a whole lot better since I'm not in hair school full time!  With Chloe I was exhausted all the time and got really bloated from being on my feet all day (and many nights).  Most days I forget I'm even pregnant, but by the evening my stomach usually gets tight and I have to take it a little easier.  I'm trying to exercise a couple of days a week and keep really hydrated, which is obviously helping a lot.  I felt Little Sister move for the first time around 18 weeks and Ronnie felt her for the first time while we were in Oregon when I was around 21.5 weeks.  It may be too early to tell, but I don't feel like she moves around as much as Chloe did and that she has an overall more relaxed personality than her.  I feel so blessed to have had such healthy pregnancies!
I'm pretty sure that Chloe understands what's going on and that she already loves her Little Sister :)  We talk about her all the time and practice with baby dolls.  She went with me to my last appointment and I explained to her that we were going to hear Little Sister's heart beat, that it went "boom, boom" and showed her where her own heart was.  She sat still next to me and held my hand, completely captivated by the sound.  Now she'll randomly put her hand on her heart and say "Mommy, sister-boom boom!"  She is such a little sweetie and so grown up!  I can't wait to have my girls together!!!

3 comments:

teresa said...

Such a cute little pregnant mommy!

Claire said...

Sam you look so good! And I definitely approve of your middle name choice :) As if you really cared....but if she has Claire in her name she will quickly learn about silent vowels, I clearly remember that from my childhood. Win-win!

Cassidy & Shawn Marshall said...

so cute! you are tiny still- I once was hahha. Chloe is so smart, Ellie has no idea she will have a little brother soon, she will play with her baby doll but ends up throwing it or punching it so who knows how she will be with a baby.