Thursday, July 12, 2012

Avatar Day...


"To celebrate the day the Avatar was not boiled in oil!"  We LOVE the cartoon series Avatar the Last Airbender and I'm pretty sure that we've watched the whole series atleast 5 times.  We're to the point that we can tell you what the episode is about just by hearing the title (I know scary...it's like my Dad and Star Trek).  My sister Meghan (the one above) is the source of our obsession...we used to make fun of her for being so nerdy, but then we got sucked in too.  She's now got her boyfriend Brian started, so we all got together for her annual celebration of Avatar Day!  There's an episode called Avatar Day where a town is punishing him for something he did in a former life and he's to be boiled in oil (wow...now I sound extra nerdy), but he saves the town, so they celebrate the day he was not boiled in oil.  A few years ago Meg made cookie dough men (because the A.D day treat was unboiled dough), but since I'm a cookie-dough-aphob, she made cookies instead.  The fruit tea was for Uncle Iroh, a character who is always drinking or going off about tea.  Chloe loved the party too, since she is always trying to bend and is obsessed with the character Zuko (don't judge).  Happy Avatar Day!

2 comments:

teresa said...

Oh my silly children!

Meghan said...

Judging...like I have room to talk.